To access Settings:
- Click on the Hamburger Menu.
- Click on the icon Settings
The UTMStack platform offers different Settings Modules such as:
- Data Retention
- Connection Key
- User Access Audit
- Index Management
- Index Patterns
- Application Settings
- Health Checks
- Application Logs
- Application Theme
In the option License, you can:
- Visualize the license information.
- Buy a license.
- Activate the license.
2. Data Retention
To access to Data Retention section is necessary to have the license activated. Here, you can personalize the data retention time of your license. By default, UTMStack delivers 365 days of Data Retention by enterprises license and 30 days for the free version (static).
The field Delete days defines the number of days in which the information will remain in the data engine while it has available space; if the disk reaches a capacity of 85%, the system will take action.
3. Connection Key
In this section, you should use the Connection Token automatically generated by UTMStack to connect the UTMStack Server to:
- Federation Service for central management.
- Go to the UTMStack Federation Service client list.
- Select "import new client."
- Paste the token.
- Register UTMStack agents
- Provide token on agent install.
Here, you can add custom menus to display them in the tools bar:
After creating a menu you can manage it (edit, delete, change the visibility, add submenus, view submenus).
In the option Compliance, you can manage compliance standards (edit, export, and delete). By default, UTMStack includes HIPAA, GDPR, GLBA, SOC 2, FISMA, CMMC, and PCI-DSS compliance, where Sections subdivide each standard.
However, you can custom your compliance standards. For example, add the ISO standard following the next steps:
1. Click on + add standard.
2. Complete the fields (Name and Description). Click on the button Save
3. In Section, add each module associated with the ISO standard.
4. Complete the fields (Name and Description) to create a new standard section. Click on the button Save.
1. Select the specific Standard. UTMStack also gives you the flexibility to add a new Standard from this window.
2. Select the specific Standard Section. UTMStack also gives you the flexibility to add a new Section from this window.
3. In the field Solution, detail the corresponding solution for this ISO standard section.
4. Click on the button Next.
6. User access audit
1. This option stores the information of all users' logins in the system:
- Date (User Authentication date).
- State (Successful or Failure Authentication).
2. UTMStack shows, by default, the users' logins information for seven days. You can change or custom this time range in the icon Calendar.
7. Index Management
The Index Management option visualizes all the indexes information generated in data sources (index, created, status, docs count, size, and delete action). Also, you can search for a specific index pattern in the Search box.
8. Index Patterns
Index patterns allow you to bucket disparate data sources together so their shared fields may be queried in UTMStack.
In this section, you can:
1- See the default index patterns by UTMStack.
2- Search specific index patterns.
3- Create new index patterns at the bottom Create index pattern.
4- Consult more Index patterns help.
5- Edit and delete custom index patterns in the action column.
9. Application Settings
1. UTMStack uses Twilio to notify via SMS. You need to set up a Twilio account to complete the parameters that the UTMStack platform needs to work:
- Twilio Authentication Token
- Twilio Account SID
- Twilio Virtual Phone Number
This kind of notification is costly for companies, so it's optional to use it.
1. The parameters are:
- Mail Server Password (Login password of SMTP server)
- Utmstack email address (Address from which emails are sent)
- Utmstack base URL (Base URL of UTMStack)
- Mail Server Host (SMTP server host. For instance, smtp.example.com)
- Mail Server Port (SMTP server port)
- Mail Server Username (Login user of the SMTP Server)
- Mail Server Protocol (Protocol used by the SMTP Server)
- Smtp SSL Trust (Your Email server' name. This name always has to match with the Mail Server Host)
- Smtp Start TLS (You should enable this parameter to keep a secure connection between the UTMStack server and your Email Server)
- Smtp Auth (You should enable this parameter to guarantee SMTP authentication)
2. Check that your configuration parameters are correct by clicking on Check email config.
3. Save the settings in the button Save changes.
In the Server section, you can configure the Username of your application server and your application server's password.
Save the settings by clicking on the button Save changes.
Two Factor Authentication
Two Factor Authentication is a method in which a user is granted access to a website or application only after successfully presenting two or more pieces of evidence (or factors) to an authentication mechanism.
- Enable or not this feature.
- Save your changes
1. Emails to notify incidents.
In this option, the administrator should specify all the emails (separate by comma) where the incidents will be notified. When an alert is marked as a Review, and the IT expert adds the alert to Incident, these emails will automatically receive the notification. In this way, the IT team can take action quickly.
2. Emails to notify alerts.
Here, the administrator should specify all the emails (separate by comma) where the alerts will be notified.
Save the emails in the button Save Changes.
10. Health Checks
In this section, you can:
- Check the status of Disk Space, Database, and Data Engine.
- Refresh status
- Verify the Data Engine Health where it's installed UTMStack:
- Disk usage.
- RAM usage.
- Heap usage (this means the usage of the Elastic Memory).
- CPU usage.
11. Application Logs
This section was developed to facilitate support to clients with an enterprise license. When any error occurs in the application logs, the client can notify it by email. Through this section, the UTMStack support team will be able to analyze it and fix it.
1. The Application Logs section visualizes an informative table of the application logs (data, source, type, and preview).
2. By default, UTMStack shows the logs of the last seven days. However, this time range can be changed and customed in the icon Calendar.
12. Application Theme
This section allows you to drag or change the image of Header, Login, Report, and Report_cover by clicking on each option.