This section is where you can access the entire active directory. You can expand the directory tree and explore your groups and users.
Figure 27: Active directory window
Viewing Access Control List (ACL)
To see more details on any user, administrator, or group, follow the steps below:
- In the DIRECTORY pane, click any user or administrator, as highlighted in Figure 27. The details are displayed in the right-hand side pane.
- Click on the ACL. The list of access control for the selected user is displayed.
Figure 28: ACL window
It shows all the accesses and their levels the user has.
Viewing Access to Local Computers
To see access to local computers for the user, follow the steps below:
- Click the Search computer link highlighted in Figure 27. The folder permission details are displayed.
Figure 29: User folder permissions details
2. You can click and expand any folder to see more details about the access, as shown in Figure 29.
Figure 30: User folder permissions details
To view events of the activities of a user, follow the steps below:
- On the ACTIVE DIRECTORY window, click the Events tab located on the top-right corner (as highlighted in the image below). The Events timeline window opens showing all the activity events for the selected user.
Figure 31: ACTIVE DIRECTORY window
2. In the Events timeline window, select an event to view its details. The Event detail is displayed in the right-hand side pane.
Figure 32: Events timeline window