This article will explore the features and functionalities of UTMStack's Vulnerabilities Module, a powerful tool that can help identify potential security issues in your network infrastructure. With its intuitive interface and robust capabilities, UTMStack provides a comprehensive solution for managing vulnerabilities, allowing you to create scans, visualize overviews, and analyze tasks quickly. By the end of this article, you will clearly understand how to leverage UTMStack to keep your network secure and free from potential threats.
By clicking on the Vulnerabilities Module, you can create a New Scan, visualize an Overview, and analyze Tasks.
- Log Severities with a value equal to 0.
- Low: Severities with values between 0.1 and 3.9.
- Medium: Severities with values between 4 and 6.9.
- High: Severities with values between 7 and 10.
The New Scan option allows you to create a New Vulnerability Scan by instance and specific host(s). Also, it allows Advanced Options such as Exclude host(s) from the scan and scanning a specific User Authentication (username and password).
- 1.Select your instance (probe to run the scan).
- 2.Type in the Scan host box your specific IP(s) and/or IP range(s) (e.g., 172.17.0.14/24) and click on the Add host button.
- 3.Shows the advanced option.
- Add the host(s) you want to exclude from the scan and click the Add Exclusion button.
- Could you type the username and password you want to include in the scanning process? The user should log in to the scanned host(s). The SSH Port is usually 22.
- 4.Click on the Create quick scan button.
The Vulnerability Overview pane displays a flexible resume of all vulnerabilities through different visualizations.
- 1.With the Save to PDF button, you can print all the information represented in the pane.
- 2.The Calendar icon allows filtering the top 10 most vulnerable hosts in a specific time range.
- 3.If you click on any host (IP or IP range), you can open a new window with the Vulnerabilities Result for that host.
By clicking on any row, you can see the details associated with that vulnerability.
If you click on the View Tasks button, you will see the Tasks option explained next.
The Vulnerability Scan pane displays a table with the scanned vulnerabilities information during the last seven days. This information is given by Name, Status, Created at, Severity, Source, the quantity of High, Medium, and Low vulnerabilities, and Detail. The Action column allows you to Save a Report or Stop the task when it's executing a scan.
- 1.UTMStack allows you, from this pane, to create a New Vulnerability Scan explained above by clicking on the New Tasks button.
- 2.In the Calendar icon, you can change the time range to display specific scanned vulnerability information during that time.
- 3.If you click View Detail, you will see all the details of the vulnerability associated with that host.
- 4.You can see Vulnerabilities Result for Task Scan over the IP range or IP by clicking on any row.
- You can return to the Vulnerability Scan pane by clicking the View Tasks button.
- You can download an UTMStack Vulnerabilities Report in .pdf format in the Save report button.
- Likewise, if you click on any row, you can see the details associated with that vulnerability.
- 5.In the left pane associated with the Filters, you can manage the visibility of the filters as Inactive or Visible. By default, UTMStack enables the filters Task, Status, Severity, Source, Hosts, and Ports.