This installation guide provides instructions to perform the UTMStack installation on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
Resources for Master
- For non-prod environments: 4 Cores, 10 GB of RAM, 50GB Disk Space (Minimum required)
- For 100 GB of live logs: 4 Cores, 12 GB RAM, 180 GB Disk Space
- For 1000 GB of live logs: 16 Cores, 32 GB RAM, 1080 GB Disk Space
- For 10000 GB of cold data and 1000GB of live logs: 16 Cores, 64 GB RAM, 11080 Disk Space
- For 10000GB of live logs: A cluster of 10 servers with 16 Cores, 32 GB RAM, 1080GB Disk Space
Resources for Probe or Proxy server
- 50 GB Disk Space for the system.
- 4 Cores. (May require more cores depending on how much data is collected and the number of devices monitored)
- 4 GB of RAM. (May require more memory depending on how much data is collected and the number of devices monitored) (The master can act as a probe if a proxy is not used)
Preparing for installation
- Update packages list:
sudo apt update
- Install WGET:
sudo apt install wget
- Download the latest version of the installer by typing
- Change to root user:
- Set execution permissions with
chmod +x installer
UTMStack password requirements
- at least 3 capital case letters.
- at least 5 lower case letters.
- at least 5 numbers.
- at least 3 special characters.
- Allowed special characters:
, . _
Install using Terminal User Interface
- Execute the installer without parameters:
Install using the parameterized mode
You can replace the markups of the next examples by real values in order to use the parameterized mode to install UTMStack Master or Probe.
# ./installer master --db-pass "ExAmPlEpaSsWoRd"
# ./installer probe --db-pass "Master's DB password" --host "Master's IP or FQDN"
Once a UTMStack master server is installed, use admin as the user and admin as the password for the default user to login. Note: Use HTTPS in front of your server name or IP to access the login page.
|❗ Demo Environment|
To see a fully operating UTMStack environment access our demo at: https://utmstack.com/demo
If you find any errors during the installation, please check the installation log for more details:" /var/log/utm-setup.log
Open the following input ports on the master for access from the probe/proxy.
1194/TCP (Used to connect probe/proxy over the internet using VPN)
Open the following input ports on the probe/proxy for access from the master.
9390/TCP and 8888/TCP (Used to connect with the vulnerabilities scanner)
5000/TCP and 8000/TCP (Used to connect with the assets discovery service)
Open the following ports from agentless devices (firewalls, hypervisors, etc) to master or probe/proxy:
2055/UDP (Used to send Netflow packets)
514/UDP (Used to send syslog logs)
514/TCP (Used to send syslog logs)
1470/TCP (Used to send syslog logs)
2056/TCP (Used to send syslog logs)
8089/TCP (Used to send logs through http post)
Open the following ports on the master for agents communication with master or probe/proxy:
5044/TCP (Used to send logs)
1514-1516/TCP (Used for HIDS agent communications)
55000/TCP (Used for HIDS management API)
9000/TCP (Used for connect to the Agent Manager)
Open port 443 for accessing the UTMStack Web console.