A goal visualization displays how your metric progresses toward a fixed goal.
- Count: The count aggregation returns a raw count of the elements in the selected index pattern.
- Average: This aggregation returns the average of a numeric field. You should select a field from the drop-down.
- Sum: The sum aggregation returns the total sum of a numeric field. Select a field from the drop-down.
- Min: The min aggregation returns the minimum value of a numeric field. Select a field from the drop-down.
- Max: The max aggregation returns the maximum value of a numeric field. Select a field from the drop-down.
- Unique Count: The cardinality aggregation returns the number of unique values in a field. Select a field from the drop-down.
Enter a string in the field Custom Label to change the default display label.
You can add an aggregation by clicking the button Add Metrics and deleting it by clicking the red cross.
The bucket aggregation determines what information is being retrieved from your data set. So, you can specify any of the following bucket aggregations for your goal chart.
A terms aggregation enables you to specify the order ascendent or descendent from the n elements "Size" of a given field to display, ordered by (metric or alphabetical.)
Enter a string in the field Custom label to change the display label.
If you want to customize your goal chart's appearance, click on the Options tab to modify (goal type, line bar style, line bar width, and other options.)